• Who is eligible for the Women In Transition program?
Women entering or re-entering the job market, needing a better job or facing life transitions are eligible for the WIT program. There are no income eligibility requirements.
• How do I sign up for services?
Call Women In Transition for information. We will schedule a private informational meeting with you. There is no fee for this confidential session that allows you to discuss your life situation and work needs with an experienced staff person and to decide if Women In Transition is right for you.
• Is there a cost to participate?
Women In Transition services are offered for a very reasonable sliding fee. No woman is turned away for inability to pay.
• Can you help with training to get a new job?
Women In Transition sometimes receives grants to offer skills training. Participants must enrolled in WIT’s Job Search Strategies and seeking job placement to receive this additional training.
• What services do you offer?
Women In Transition offers small-group supportive workshops that focus on personal empowerment, job exploration, job search and workplace effectiveness.
• Do you think there’s any hope for me? I haven’t worked in several years … will I ever find a job?
Absolutely! The only women who don’t find jobs are the ones who give up or decide not to seek employment. If you focus on your goal and deal with the obstacles one by one, day by day, you’ll make it.
• Can you help me start my own business?
Helping women start their own businesses is outside the scope of services we provide.
• I work during the day, how can I access Women In Transition services?
Information sessions and Job Search Strategies workshops are offered day and evening.
Minneapolis, St. Paul, and the Greater Twin Cities Area of Minnesota