Jobs For Veterans
Veterans Employment in Emerging Green Industries
Over the past five years, the Jobs for Veterans program has served over 1,500 veterans from every branch of the military by helping them to find employment. Partnering with the Minnesota National Guard, Reserve units and veteran service organizations, we provide tools, resources, and referrals for success in job search and career transition.
The new Jobs For Veterans II program is designed to help recently separated veterans find jobs that best use their skills and fit the demands of today’s job market. The program focus is on employment in “Green Careers.”
Program Services include:
- Career Exploration and Research
- One-on-One Career Counseling
- Access to Education & Training
- Resume & Cover Letter Assistance
- Free Job Search Classes
- Coaching to Translate Military Skills to Civilian Skills
- Referral to Schools and Community Resources
- Job Search Assistance for Green Jobs
- Follow-Up Services
The Jobs for Veterans program is a collaboration between Employment Action Center (EAC) and the Minnesota Resource Center (MRC). EAC provides services to veterans who do not have a disability, and MRC serves those with a disability.
Who is Eligible for Services?
- Veterans with an other than dishonorable discharge from the military, and separated within the last 48 months.
- Disabled and non-disabled veterans who are job-ready.
- Veterans who are located in the Twin Cities area.
- Those who are willing to pursue and work in green industries or careers.
Like us on Facebook! Join our online community to learn more about our services, upcoming events, and to connect with other Veterans.
Minneapolis, St. Paul, and the Greater Twin Cities Area of Minnesota